Genie Espinosa Illustration
Contact: hello@geniespinosa.com


Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Snail and the Rose Tree by Hans Christian Andersen

Hello all!!
work keeps coming, GOOD DAYS!
I am so excited about this course and all what's happening in June so far!
i will study in a course next month, improving my english! That would be so fun for sure!!
Today i want to share my latest illo for the course i am taking, i had to illustrate a spread of Andersen tale, the Snail and the Rose Tree, which i though it wasn't so serious and turned to be a pretty hard message tale.
You can read it here, it's quite short, it won't take you more than 5-10 minutes.
I worked in the spread option (the other one was the cover) and we had to work in lettering too, my option was working on a wavy way but i wanted to feel the old air of Mary Blair illustrations (dark base and bright colors upfront) 
take a look to Mary Blair illustrations here!
What do you think?
HUUUUUUGS!! xxx

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Very cool work! The colours are amazing! It's quite a sad tale, I hadn't read it before - you've done a fantastic job of illustrating that scene :) What is the course you're taking? Also, I love Mary Blair too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot my dear!
      I am working in Make art that sells, a Lilla Rogers course! :-D it has been awesome so far!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! *hug*